Gift Aid - helping make your donation go further
Wednesday 18th August
- The Lantern
- Fundraising & Events
Have you confirmed we can claim gift aid on your donations to Farleigh Hospice? If so thank you!
Your kind gift goes even further because of this simple act. If you haven’t, here’s what you need to know about Gift Aid and how it helps us.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a tax relief scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, meaning your donations will be worth 25% more to us. For every pound that you give as a UK taxpayer, we receive an extra 25 pence from the Inland Revenue, making an enormous difference to patients and their families throughout mid Essex.
There’s no work involved on your part, all you need to do is tick the box on our appeal mailings, or on the form on our website when making a donation, and we’ll do the rest!
What gift aiders should know:
- There are two kinds of Gift Aid to be aware of; general fundraising Gift Aid and retail Gift Aid applied to items donated at our stores. Declarations must be made separately for each kind.
- The rules are very strict so please be sure to fully complete your declaration forms.
- We can’t claim on donations from company accounts or from the proceeds of a collection.
- Once we have your completed declaration forms we can claim for the last four years and all future donations.
- If you stop paying tax in the UK you must tell us.
- If you change your name and address please tell us so that we can update our records.
- You can’t claim for donations raised in return for tickets from events, raffles, auctions or for goods and services.
- You can’t claim if you are making a donation on behalf of someone else or a group.
It really makes a difference! In the last nine months we’ve submitted claims for over 40,000 in fundraising Gift Aid. In the last financial year, we’ve submitted claims for over 8,815 in retail Gift Aid.
If you need to update your Gift Aid status please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 457351.