CIRCLE Adult Bereavement Support
We offer support to bereaved adults in mid Essex, regardless of the cause of death or where the individual died. Each person is affected differently by bereavement, and our aim is to help you understand and cope with the impact of grief and support you to adjust to your 'new' life.
Our adult bereavement service offers a range of options designed to support your individual needs including:
- Information, advice and resources
- Bereavement support (1 to 1)
- Bereavement counselling (1 to 1)
- Psychoeducational support groups
- Bereavement Help Points/Open support groups
Farleigh Hospice cared for Julie at the end of her life and have provided bereavement counselling to her husband Garry through our Circle adult bereavement service. Please click here to read their story.
How to access our service
You can self refer, or be referred, into our bereavement service. The easiest way to do this is using our online referrals portal.
We're able to accept referrals based upon the following criteria:
- You or the person you are referring must be resident within mid Essex and/or registered with a GP in the mid Essex area covered by Farleigh Hospice
- Referrals must be made with the permission of the person needing support
- The person needing support must have experienced a significant bereavement, which is impacting upon them and their ability to manage daily life
- We accept referrals from six weeks after a bereavement
- The service is unable to accept referrals for from those who require emergency or crisis support
To review our referral criteria in full please click here
|Please email or call for availability
|Virtual - via zoom, in person at North Court Road
|01245 457308 or email@example.com
Circle adult bereavement support are pleased to announce both in person and online bereavement support groups, run by experienced facilitators, taking place at North Court Road or over Zoom.
The groups are small, up to 8 people attending, and are welcoming, friendly and relaxed. Held over 6 sessions, they are facilitated by a member of staff and one of our trained volunteers.
|The first and third Tuesday of each month
|10.15am to 11.45am
|Serendipity Gift and Tea Shop, 106 High Street, Maldon, CM9 5ET
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 457308