8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
What is the Advice Line?
The advice line provides access to a member of the hospice team who is able to give advice on symptoms, nursing care and other needs relating to life-limiting illness. At times it may be necessary to seek advice from other professionals, or direct you to another service such as your GP.
Who can access the advice line?
- Anyone who is affected by life-limiting illness or bereavement and living in mid essex.
- Any health professional involved with a person affected by life-limiting illness, with their permission
When is the Advice Line available?
The advice line is available between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week, on 01245 455478.
Please note: This is NOT an emergency service. If urgent medical attention is required, please contact your GP in the first instance. If it is outside your GP’s normal working hours, you will need to contact NHS 111.n
When should I call the advice line?
- require advice regarding hospice care and support
- need advice or information regarding the management of your symptoms
- have concerns about your symptoms that need to be addressed before your next scheduled visit/appointment
- need reassurance for someone who is anxious about a change in their condition
- consent to share your information with other relevant health professionals and persons involved in your care (e.g. Your GP, district nurse, social services, next of kin, or family)
What information may I be asked if I call?
- full name, address, date of birth & NHS number
- current problems
- current support / care arrangements