Volunteering at Farleigh Hospice can bring your company numerous benefits and enable your staff to enjoy enriching experiences. Many of our volunteering opportunities offer team building activities and the chance to raise your company’s profile, all whilst helping to play a part in making a positive difference to the lives of thousands of people.
How volunteering with us benefits your company or organisation
- Promotes staff bonding and relationship-building, particularly across departments that rarely work together
- Develops a sense of achievement through doing something worthwhile for an established local charity dedicated to supporting the local community
- Volunteers leave feeling a great sense of accomplishment and motivated which can benefit their relationships back in the workplace.
- PR opportunities available to promote both internally and externally
How volunteering benefits Farleigh Hospice & your local community
- Corporate volunteers help us tackle jobs that would otherwise take us days or even weeks to complete.
- Helps us to build community links and valuable business support
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team of people with varied and fresh skills with new and different perspectives
- Spread greater understanding of the work and purpose of the hospice
What we can offer
- Opportunities include helping with gardening projects, skills sharing, decorating, supermarket bag packs and working in our Hospice shops or setting up our events, support on the day of our events (usually weekends). Volunteers always get a warm welcome and are very much appreciated. Typically our days take place from 10 am - 4 pm, but we can be flexible according to your team’s needs.
- Drinks are provided at the Hospice but we ask volunteers to bring their own lunch or you are welcome to purchase your own lunch from our Courtyard Café.
- We take care of the risk assessments and provide everyone with a safety briefing before the day starts.
Find out more and get involved
If your work place is interested in volunteering please contact our Corporate Fundraising Team on 01245 457411