Need to stay at home but still want to help raise funds? Here's some ideas to get you started to and help us provide care and support to people in our community experiencing a life limiting illness or bereavement.
We've put together some fun-draising ideas you can safely take part in from home during the current Coronavirus measures. During this time we're still working hard to provide help and support to those in our community experiencing a life-limiting illness or bereavement. By getting involved, supporting your local hospice and fundraising from home will help us through this challenging time.
We’re inviting you, your family and friends to take part in The 2.6 Challenge from Sunday 26 April to help to save the UK’s charities.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities, with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in fundraising income.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th
London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event.
We’re asking you to take part in an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to support Farleigh Hospice via twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
The only requirement is that you must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social
Most people are taking part from Sunday 26 April but you can do your activity whenever
is most convenient for you.
There are just five simple steps to take:
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas here
- Head to twopointsixchallenge.co.uk to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford – to Farleigh Hospice or to set up a fundraising page
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge
Get your thinking caps on, your friends and family on the phone or video chat, have a glass of your favorite drink to hand and take part in a virtual pub quiz for Farleigh! Make up questions or use some online resources to build your quiz, or keep it personal by asking questions about each other. Each participant can donate to take part.
Play our lottery
Playing the Local Hospice Lottery in support of Farleigh Hospice gives you a great chance of winning, as well as generating a regular source of income we can rely on. One entry costs just £1 per week, making it an easy, fun and affordable way to support our caring work across mid Essex. Anyone, providing they are 18 or over, can play! Every week there’s a £2,000 prize, a £1,000 rollover prize* (that can reach as high as £25,000!), a £100 prize and 150 x £10 prizes. PLUS, you’ll also be automatically entered into two Super Draws every year which have an additional guaranteed top prize of an incredible £10,000!
Colour in Hugo
A perfect activity for kids, download our colour in Hugo art sheet and display it your window to show support for Farleigh Hospice, the NHS and our community during this challenging time. Get the whole family involved and show off your artistic side.
Hold a gameathon
We need gamers now more than ever! From FIFA to Fortnite, whatever your favourite game you can take part. Why not hold a sponsored gameathon, and live stream your challenge. Play online with friends, or take on a charity football match right from your sofa.
Mindfulness and Workouts
Hold an online mindfulness, yoga, or workout session for friends and family to join in on in exchange for a donation. Keep fit and healthy in the safety of your own home and help raise vital funds for Farleigh.
Host a show or musical performance
If you've got a hidden talent why not put on an online play, storybook reading, art class, or a musical performance. Broadcast to friends and family via social media, YouTube or via Skype and ask for donations or sponsorship in return.
Our summer Open Gardens programme is a major part of our fundraising income each year. While some events have been postponed until later in the year, the majority have been cancelled. Of course this is absolutely the right thing to do to ensure the safety and welfare of our participants, staff, volunteers and visitors during this health crisis, but it will inevitably result in a huge drop in vital funds.
If you would like to do something to support Farleigh Hospice during this difficult time and in place of opening your garden or visiting an event, here are some ideas:
- Plant Sale - While staying at home, why not take cuttings from your garden and grow new plants to sell outside your home when things return to normal. Donate your takings to Farleigh Hospice.
- Virtual Tour - For the more technically able, take your phone and film a virtual tour of your garden in full summer bloom to share on social media. Ask for a donation in exchange for sharing your garden, which can be given via a Just Giving page.
- Green Fingered Sweepstake - Encourage everyone in your household (or extended family and friends via video chat) to sow seeds at the same time. Ask for a donation from each participant and sit back and watch your seedlings grow. The owner of the plant that bares the first fruit or flower wins half the sweepstake donation. Donate the rest to Farleigh Hospice.
- Tea Party - By the Autumn we are hopeful that life will be back to normal. Celebrate this by arranging a date in September or October to host an afternoon tea party in your garden for family, friends and neighbours. Ask for donations in exchange for tea, coffee and cake.
- Make a Donation - To attend an Open Garden event, we ask for a donation of £5 per adult. If you are able to, you may want to consider donating £5 anyway.
Danbury Virtual Open Gardens
Danbury Open Gardens event which, due to social distancing measures, will this year take place online on Sunday the 14th of June from 10 am.
To access the virtual Open Gardens event and donate towards Farleigh Hospice, please visit www.danburyopengardens.co.uk from 10:00 am on Sunday the 14th of June.
Fundraising advice & support
If you'd like some advice, help or support with your virtual fundraising contact our Fundraising Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org