Great British Ultra Challenge
1 July - 31 July
Walk, Jog, or Run Anywhere - Anytime, throughout July. Share your journey along our 'virtual' route online
Take on our latest virtual challenge - anywhere - anytime. July will be a fantastic time to enjoy the great outdoors, with some sunshine, and to push to yourself further!
The Great British Ultra Challenge's 'virtual route' stretches from historic Winchester in the far South up to Edinburgh, and passes through well known towns and wonderful scenery as it heads north.
You choose Your challenge! Target how far you intend to travel along the 'virtual route' and stay motivated knowing where you've got to. A 100km target takes you to the edge of the glorious Cotswolds, or perhaps 200km up to Birmingham, maybe 300km to the heart of The Peak District, or even the full 714km if you've the legs and stamina to make it all the way to Auld Reekie!
Spread your 'virtual challenge' across July - share your journey & travels online with others - real, virtual, or imaginary - let's celebrate our wonderful country - and aim high in July!
• Qualifying period - all of July 2020
• It's 50 km up to 700+ km - you choose!
• Imagine you're on our 'Virtual Route'
• Walk, Jog, or Run it - anywhere!
• Post your story in our Facebook Group
• No rules - just community & honesty!
• Special Challenge Medal
• Commemorative GBUC 'Neck Buff'
• Printable Challenge Certificate
• Prizes for best 'social journey' posts
• The Challenge is open to anyone
• Sign up by 15 July at the latest
• £12.50 to join (inc medal, buff, p&p)
• Teams of 4 or more = £10 / person
• Optional fundraising. Let's help others!
Get your family & friends involved, sign up - get walking, jogging, or running - adhere to social distancing - and share your Great British Ultra Challenge journey with others. Fundraising to help some special causes as we all go along, would also be great!