Celebration Bunting Making with Sew Jo Baker
17 April, 10:30 - 11:30am
Celebrate the arrival of spring and join us for this virtual craft tutorial with Sew Jo Baker as part of our Spring Craft event series.
In this virtual demonstration Jo will teach you how to make celebration bunting which can be used to decorate for a garden party, birthday, spring fayre or just for everyday home decoration.
In this special one-hour tutorial in aid of Farleigh Hospice, Jo will guide you step-by-step through the making process, with options for both hand and machine sewing. She will be offering her expert tips and tricks along the way, as well as answering any questions you have via the chat function.
It is intended you watch this demonstration and make the items later. We will record the whole craft event and send it to you afterwards, so that you can go back and watch it again as you make your pieces.
With this event there is an option for participants to purchase a craft pack which will have all the items you need to take part. Packs cost £7.15 each (inclusive of postage) you can order them when you make your booking for the event.
If you would rather source your own materials, you will need:
- 2.5 m of ribbon or bias binding or twine
- Cotton fabric (e.g. old blouse or shirt, or linen dress, trousers, napkin, sheet, quilt or tablecloth) – bright colours work well for celebration bunting but the colour is your own choice
- Needle and cottons
- Sewing machine is optional (hand and machine sewing are both covered)
- Laptop, PC or tablet with working microphone, speakers and webcam
- Email address - we’ll email you instructions plus the bunting template and instructions how to join on the 16th April, ready for the session the next day
|Date:||Saturday 17th April, 10.30am to 11.30am – waiting room opens at 10.15am|
|Location:||Virtual – Zoom event|
|Cost:||£10 per household|
|Registration:||Registration open now and closes midday 16th April 2021|
|How to book:||Online using the ‘Sign up’ button above|
|Other details:||Last day for posting craft packs will be 13th April 2021. You will receive your pattern template, list of items needed and zoom joining instructions on the 16th April 2021|
|For more information:||Contact our Fundraising Team on 01245 457411 or email@example.com. To find out more about Jo visit her website at www.sewjobaker.com|