Covid 19 guidelines for visiting IPU
It is important in the current and often-changing coronavirus situation that we take all reasonable steps to protect the wellbeing of those using our services, their loved ones and our staff.
For those patients who have tested negative for Covid-19, we are now able to offer open visiting.
We would, however, ask that you follow these guidelines in order to enable us to continue to provide opportunities for visiting:
- Please do not visit if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or have symptoms of Covid-19 or any other viral illness
- We would encourage visitors to consider lateral flow testing prior to their visit
- All visitors must wear a face mask (or we can provide a facemask) for the duration of their visit unless medically exempt
- All visitors must enter the inpatient unit via the interview room and remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit
- We ask that when staff are providing care, that only 2 visitors remain at the bedside to allow sufficient room
- When you are ready to leave, please ring the patient call bell and inform a member of staff
For those patients who have tested positive for Covid-19:
- Only 2 visitors per day are permitted
- Visitors will be offered a fluid repellent face mask, gloves and apron for their visit
- All visitors must remain in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit as above
Guidance will be reviewed periodically and may change at short notice according to national or local guidance. We thank you for your understanding and co-operation at this challenging time.
If you have further questions then please contact the Inpatient Unit on 01245 457 361.
- Virtual Ward