Care Home Support
Providing specialist advice and support to care homes in mid Essex.
Our care home support service provides expert palliative and end of life advice, guidance and training for care home staff.
We work closely with local care homes to improve the palliative and end of life care for their residents, offering clinics with Farleigh nurses to discuss individual care needs.
Our support ensures that staff can confidently meet the needs of their residents.
- Empowered staff who are confident to recognise a person’s changing condition as they approach the end of their life, and who can provide care that meets these needs.
- Care home staff who are confident to have difficult conversations with residents and their families about death and dying – including Advance Care Planning.
- Regular Farleigh clinics offering advice about residents that are approaching end of life.
- Improved knowledge of palliative care through training from the Farleigh’s Education Team
- Reduction in unnecessary admissions to hospital
- Residents are supported to die in the place of their choice
Introducing Samantha Riches, Farleigh’s Care Home Coordinator
Samantha is the primary link between the hospice and care homes across mid Essex. She works in partnership with local care homes to develop and maintain processes that ensure seamless support for residents with specialist palliative care needs. She is the key Farleigh Hospice contact for people living in local care homes, their families and the staff supporting them.
What our care homes say
“The Farleigh Hospice team are an invaluable support to us here at Cherry Wood Grange. They deliver and advocate the highest form of professionalism at all times. We appreciate their ongoing expertise, it gives us the skills and confidence to manage every individual’s end of life. Ensuring that we do what is right for each person at this crucial time. This could include management of symptoms, spirituality, last wishes/rights, family support and much more.
“The Nursing and Care Team at Cherry Wood Grange really value Farleigh’s guidance. We are sure that the Farleigh Care Home Support project will be a huge success and being part of this initiative is an invaluable teaching resource for us.”
Jo Savidge, Director of Nursing, Cherry Wood Grange